Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rain and Shine



The sun is shining and the clouds are gone,
I feel the warmth smiling down on me.
The wind whispers sweet nothings,
The daisy seems to dance for me.

 I step ahead and join the fun,
Jive to the rhythm of your heartbeat.
And that’s when I lose my step,
As shadows make their presence felt.

The snow has melted and spring is here,
There is colour sprinkled everywhere.
Butterflies flutter in my heart,
As you wrap your arms around me.

I close my eyes and dream away,
Your voice a lullaby calming me.
And that’s when I startle myself awake,
For I’ve run out of places to hide shattered dreams.

I wish I could capture these moments in a picture,
I wish I could find the perfect words,
But chances are no longer for me to take,
And this wall around me even I cannot break.

No comments: