Thursday, November 5, 2009

What I want….

Simple things in life,

The innocence in a child’s smile.

A goodnights sleep,

The sound of your mother’s voice that is like a lullaby.


Dancing in the first rain,

Walking on the beach,

The smoothness of sand against your feet.

A cup of tea and a friend for company.


Watching the sun set in the horizon,

The evening breeze caressing your face.

Away from the bustling crowd,

With no responsibilities thrashed upon your shoulders.


For once I want to live it all,

Breathe life to the child that is dying within me.

For once I want to have it all,

Go back to being carefree.


The spark from life has gone,

Running after a dream seems like chasing infinity.

I don’t know what I have become,

All I can see is the wall that I have built around me.

1 comment:

Sumit said...

Very kool...a lot like you :-)