Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dreams and uncertainty


We’ll leave this town baby you and I,
In search of our paradise.
Nothing to fear, with love by our side,
We’ll leave this town baby you and I.

Two weeks left for us to go,
My bags are packed, and your wheels all set to roll.
We are sitting at the diner, with drinks in our hands,
I raise a toast to our adventure; you look away from my eyes.

One week to freedom, I breathe in the fresh air,
You sit by my side under a cloud of despair.
So, I hold your hand and look you in the eye,
I ask for a reason, you say you are unaware.

I walk up to your door, with suitcase in my hand,
You greet me with a smile that spells goodbye.
We drive to the gas station, with just my suitcase in the trunk.
I buy a single ticket to my paradise.

I’ve left this town baby, it was just me
In search of my paradise.
With everything to fear, just hope by my side,
Left this town and my baby behind.

I’ll live our dream to the t,
For I am still the same gal you met over a drink.
With time you changed, it wasn’t me,
All you left me were some dreams and uncertainty.

No comments: